The Sr Assistant Buyer position is development role within our Buying career path that supports the buying office with building products through the pipeline. The Sr Assistant Buyer will learn and master daily office functions including item creation, purchase order creation, quality assurance processes and inventory management. You will learn the vision of the Buyer. A successful Sr assistant buyer will learn to analyze our results and select products based on relevant trends and existing inventory. The Sr Assistant Buyer will become versed in the importance of vendor relationships and gain exposure to the vendor negotiation process.
You will report to the Sr Buyer.
Who We Are
We are a compelling team of merchants offering our consumer and internal team members an amazing experience. Our Talent, Training and Development team is here to support your career growth and leadership is developed across all levels to grow you into your next Buyer I role. In these roles, you will have great exposure to top national brands and be an important contributor in identifying white space for the respective buying office you support!
- You will identify, negotiate products, price and terms, buy and build new products, concepts, shows, and ideas to deliver sales results across our multi-platforms.
- You will develop a sense for merchandising from recognizing product and customer trends to the ability to translate these trends into actual ideas/concepts/products/shows that will resonate with QVC or HSN customers for the category of business.
- You will manage daily office operations and administrative work. Communicate with vendors and cross-functional departments. Develop internal relationships and external vendor relationships.
- You will lead the office function in the absence of the Buyer. Perform responsibilities according to company procedures with some latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience in corporate buying.
- 1 – 2 Years related work experience.
- Excellent follow through skills with a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Access and enter information using automated systems (e.g., windows-based computer) quickly.