Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking Production Technicians for our First Quality located in McElhattan, PA. We have openings on a 12-hour overnight shifts. Positions are in First Quality Products (FQP) & Nutek Disposables (NDI).
This is for an entry level position on our production floors. Factory experience is encouraged but not required. On the job training will be provided.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Observes all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
- Follows necessary GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations/guidelines.
- Keeps a journal of the operation of the machine and troubleshooting that was done.
- Maintains quality standards for the product.
- Ensures the proper raw materials are in place and covered at the machine.
- Keeps the machine and the surrounding area clean.
- Performs the duties of a Line Leader when necessary.
- Assists maintenance personnel as required.
- Follow instructions of the Line Leader.
- Assists with the training of other employees.
- Performs other duties as necessary when directed to do so.
?The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Completion all required training and assessments.
- Ability to effectively operate one machine technology.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate orally and written.
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of trade school or college preferred
- Three years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Prior computer experience preferred.
- Walk / stand 100% of time during their shift
- Constant bending throughout shift.
- Frequent kneeling during shift.
- Frequent climbing and reaching into machines to fix jams.
- Occasional reaching overhead during shift.
- Constant pushing and pulling with arms and legs throughout shift, including materials requiring up to 100 pounds of force to maneuver.
- Constant lifting or carrying of boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Constant use of hands and occasional use of foot control
- Constant light and firm grasping with hands throughout shift.
- Operation of forklifts, hand trucks, roll manipulators, baler, and compactor throughout shift.
- Daily sweeping and organizing floor and work area.
- Required participation in a daily pre-shift warm-up routine.
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.