Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: Days along with covering inpatient neurology X weeks/year
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Join our Neurology team now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at email@example.com
Neurologists with clinical and research expertise in ALS are invited to apply for a position at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, with a corresponding academic appointment (open rank, tenure-track or non-tenure track) at Penn State College of Medicine. The successful candidate will join the collegial faculty of the Department of Neurology, chaired by Krish Sathian, MBBS, PhD. A major asset of the department is a nationally recognized ALS program excelling in patient care, education, and clinical research, led by Zachary Simmons, MD. This recruitment is partially supported by a generous gift to the ALS program.
What we’re seeking:
- Professional degree – MD, DO, MD/PhD, DO/PhD, or foreign equivalent
- BC/BE in Neurology and Neuromuscular Neurology fellowship training or foreign equivalent
- Clinical experience in ALS with strong background in relevant clinical research and/or patient-oriented laboratory research
- The ideal candidate would have a track record of successful research funding
- Commitment of at least 50%time dedicated to research
- Candidates who will pursue and acquire external funding while being supported initially by a generous start-up package
- Excellent patient care abilities
- Interest in teaching in undergraduate and graduate medical education curriculum
What we offer:
- Outstanding ALS program with a national reputation
- Interaction with dynamic researchers, clinicians and educators across all neuroscience-related departments in a highly collaborative culture
- Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at both the Hershey and the University Park campuses, creating a cross-departmental clinician-scientist community.
- Faculty rank and track commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
Located in a safe, family-friendly setting in Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey’s community is rich in history and the greater metro area offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, restaurants and diverse experiences. We’re also conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained