Are you interested in a career where you can enjoy your work and be part of a rapidly growing company in a new and emerging market? We are a high growth company seeking motivated individuals to join our central Pennsylvania based team. These positions report to and work directly with the owner on a daily basis - this is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new opportunity and impact change!
Smash My Trash is operating in over 39 states and provides mobile compaction services, while revolutionizing the waste industry. The Smash My Trash proprietary technology and mobile compaction service reduces waste volume by as much as 70% and saves business owners’ money and time. Smash My Trash is also serious about environmental stewardship. Our service significantly reduces vehicle CO2 emissions by decreasing the volume of hauling trucks on the road and reduces landfill space required by increasing the density of every haul.
The more we smash, the more we help our clients save money and reduce impact on (improve) the environment - it is a win-win!
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
The Outside Sales Representative / Account Manager, is responsible for the entire pipeline from identifying sales targets to closing deals. This individual must love interacting with people and can quickly establish a rapport. The sales rep will execute the corporate strategy and enthusiastically prospect for new clients by meeting new people and sharing the Smash My Trash story all day long. The sales rep is willing to do whatever it takes to build the pipeline, including cold calling and is relentless with follow-up.
The sales rep needs excellent communication skills, which are essential, and will spend a lot of time with prospective clients face-to-face, on the phone and interacting by email and social networks. This individual will listen to customer needs, and can effectively explain how the Smash services can satisfy those needs and schedule presentations. Teaming with the Smash truck drivers, the sales rep will facilitate compelling demonstrations, skillfully overcome objections, and close deals. Reps must enjoy traveling as part of your job.
The sales representative must be organized, goal-oriented, and analytical. This role will proactively forecast sales and carefully plan out by day, week, month, quarter, and year to regularly achieve goals. To ensure client retention, the weekly plan includes check-in’s periodically to ensure satisfaction and help calibrate the frequency of smashes needed to optimize results.
The sales representative is a brand ambassador and will represent Smash My Trash at local association meetings, conferences, and trade shows. The rep’s mission is to build a book of business that consistently brings in referrals. Virtually any business/municipality with a roll-off dumpster is a candidate for our services. Finally, the sales rep is highly motivated by seeing their hard work and efforts pay off in their paycheck! The ideal candidate should be a problem solver, motivated and self-driven.
The territory covers Dauphin, Lebanon and Northwest Lancaster Counties, so you will be home every night.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talent to connect with customers and quickly establish relationships
- Ability to work remotely and commute 100% of the time to develop the sales pipeline and service our clients in Dauphin, Lebanon & Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania
- Track record of hitting monthly targets and stretch goals
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Efficiency with Google Workspace apps & Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with video conferencing as a means of communication
- Familiarity with HubSpot & Vonigo CRM highly desired
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation to travel locally and visit customers and prospects
- Ability to pass a background check
- Customer service and value orientation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years of experience doing outside sales, B2B sales, or business development
- Experience selling to commercial waste customers is desired. Experience selling to municipalities, utility providers, packaging/crating, large general contractors, or manufacturers is a plus!
- Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma/GED
- This full-time B2B business development position typically works 8-hour shifts, Monday - Friday in a 100%-remote office environment. Travel is required to meet with prospective and current clients in our territory.