Take advantage of an opportunity to work for a "Best in Class" industry leader!
Trumbull Corporation is seeking Estimators to join its project procurement team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is consistently ranked one of the Top 100 Contractors nationally by Engineering News-Record, is recognized as a "best in class" leader in heavy civil and highway construction, and has been voted one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work" multiple times as part of the PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group.
What's it like to work at PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group?
As an employee of the Family of Companies, you'll be part of a team whose core values are Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community. As a general contractor, our companies build for the communities in which we live and work. Every employee contributes to building projects that connect people and places. We invite you to learn more about working with us by applying today!
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, paid vacation and holidays as well as 401(k) AND profit sharing.
Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff and pricing of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required; may include preparing estimates in other disciplines or for operations (i.e., change orders).
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Review and incorporate historical data from previous projects, purchase orders, subcontracts, cost reports, etc., into unit and man-hour figures.
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier quotes and analyze those quotes.
- Establish working relationships and rapport with subcontractors and suppliers in order to obtain favorable quotations.
- Seek out and report leads and future work opportunities and market organization when circumstances allow.
- Communicate methods of construction contemplated in the bid to Superintendent and monitor actual performance efficiency against bid units for future consideration.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience. Two to five years estimating, controls, and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction. Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques, and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential. Experience in alternative delivery models and proposal preparation preferred.
Minimum supervision provided when estimating items in own discipline. May independently estimate a small to medium-sized project. Responsible for the comprehensiveness, accuracy, and timeliness of estimates. Responsible for seeking out and obtaining education and training necessary to maintain proficiency level for this position. Exempt under FLSA.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.