Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises six leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
Under the direction of the Traffic Manager, moves trailers to support the Inbound and Outbound operations in the yard following the established daily schedule. Support the QVC Difference in the performance of all job responsibilities.
This is an onsite position at our Suffolk, VA Fulfillment Center location.
Schedule: 5:30am-4:00pm ~ Wednesday - Saturday.
This is a temporary role that could last up to 6 months!
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively and engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products – from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry – and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. QVC reaches more than 200 million homes worldwide via its 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages.
- Responsibilities Jockeys trailers to support the Inbound and Outbound operations.
- Jockeys trailers to the warehouse doors and in the yard observing the established daily schedule.
- Perform scheduled trailer close times for hours scheduled to load.
- Inputs trailer information into Scan-Data/TMS for the manifest to assign trailers to hubs and dock doors.
- Record in TMS the load start time and load end time when trailers are ready to be pulled from the door. Respond to priority needs as notified.
- Downloads manifest information from the PC and audits truckloads.
- Use Scan-Data for opening and closing truck manifests, monitoring loading trucks and manual processing thru load audit procedures.
- Coordinate repairs and fueling with outside vendors.
- Perform other traffic functions. i.e., handles drivers, dispatches and schedules trailers, completes paperwork.
- Routinely resolve complex issues.
- Proactively identify trends and resolves problems.
- Follow all company safety and security procedures.
- Maintain attendance according to company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- 3to 5 Years experience in the same or similar position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Must be familiar with database programs, access and excel, and computer operations. (YMS,TMS, i2/JDA. WMS, Scan Data) CFR 49 Knowledge of QVC shipping regulations is required.
- Aminimum of (3) years of transportation related experience is required of which a broad knowledge of a high volume fulfillment operation has been attained through routing and logistics
- Must have CDL A Driver License
- Must have clean driving record
JOB REQUIREMENTS (By the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Will perform mathematical calculations
- Will follow directions in English
- Will use personal computers
- Comprehend and apply technical, abstract and complex information
- Will operate general office equipment (fax, photocopier, computer printer) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high.
- Occasional travel required
- Will work in outside environmental conditions
- Will work in team environment
- Handle difficult situations in a high volume and high stress situation.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.