Are you a detailed oriented person who enjoys variety in their daily work activities? Do you like helping people by investigating and resolving issues involving time and attendance policies and systems?
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.Working within the HR Service Center, the employee is a team member of the Time Services organization within the Absence Services Division. The incumbent serves as the Time Advisor and manages the work that timekeepers and work schedule specialist perform in agencies under the General Government Delivery Center. Interprets, applies and maintains knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, past practices and side letters; Personnel Rules; Commonwealth Management Directives and Manuals; Time Alerts and Absence Bulletins; Procedures and EPAR Guidelines; and other agency specific policies related to absences and attendances. Works with colleagues in other Time Services positions, in the Bureau of Commonwealth Payroll Operations and Bureau of Quality Audits as well as the delivery center human resource office. Uses systems knowledge to determine the correct entries and actions needed for each employee based on the rules associated with the employee's job to correctly pay employees and provides guidance and training to HR representatives, agency time keepers, managers, and supervisors on absence and attendance issues.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: one year of experience in the performance of technical human resource duties; and a bachelor's degree;
or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- This posting requires submission of a resume with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)