P.J. Dick, the region's premier building construction services company is looking for Commercial Building Construction Project Engineers to join its growing Operations team to manage projects in Mid-Atlantic region.
The PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group family of construction companies is a premier provider of comprehensive general contracting and construction management services. Consistently ranked one of the Top 100 Builders nationally by Engineering News-Record, and locally as one of Pittsburgh's Best "Best Places to Work," we attract the finest talent to deliver quality projects across our markets.
What's it like to work at PJ Dick-Trumbull-The Lindy Group?
As an employee of the Family of Companies, you'll be part of a team whose core values are Safety, Quality, Integrity, Family, and Community. As a general contractor, our companies build for the communities in which we live and work. Every employee - from accounting to our field personnel - contributes to building projects that connect people and places. We invite you to learn more about working with us by applying today!
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, professional development and education reimbursement, profit sharing, and a positive team-oriented environment.
Provide overall management direction for a field project, two or more smaller projects, or a significant portion of a major project.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate assigned work through Vice President, Operations, Executive Director of Field Operations, Senior Project Manger, or Project Manager.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material. Identify problems or discrepancies and report to supervisor or to superintendent for appropriate action.
- Research and recommend solutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and/or disseminate all required project documentation records such as status reports, meeting minutes, submittals, punch lists, and sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
- Research and prepare field design change requests to resolve design problems with A/E or client.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- May provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
- Coordinate and monitor company's safety program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: four-year engineering degree or equivalent; experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize performance. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essentials. Must be a business-oriented person.
Reports to Vice President, Senior Project Manager, or Project Manager. Makes decisions and recommendations, which can greatly impact corporate relationship with client and project profitability.
We are an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Federal Contracting Employer: We encourage Covered Veterans, Minorities, Females, and Disabled Individuals to apply.