We are seeking applicants for Robotics Engineer interns for the summer of 2024 to work with our teams at the National Robotics Engineering Center at Carnegie Mellon University in Lawrenceville in Pittsburgh. Successful applicants must be currently studying at the Undergraduate or Graduate level in one of the following disciplines: Robotics, Software Engineering or Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar related fields.
Projects you may support include industrial machine operator assist systems, agricultural productivity tools, automation, autonomy, perception, or safety systems.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Performing engineering design tasks and problem-solving activities related to robotic, sensing, or automated system development for diverse industries and applications
- Performing engineering tests and creating testing documentation
- Creating and/or checking engineering documentation
- Communicating and collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders to provide regular updates and task deliverables
- Work on substantive projects that have potential impact on program success
- Presenting project work and lessons learned to the organization
- Current enrollment in a degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate level
- Experience working and collaborating within a team
- Experience with C++
- Relevant coursework in robotics
- Self-motivated, curious, and failure-seeking to achieve continuous improvements
- Applies critical big picture thinking in completing tasks
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and remain agile given changing priorities
- Experience with simulation tools for system development, V&V and testing is valued
- Practices attention to detail, and respect for documentation accuracy and information sharing
Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 37.5 hours per week) during a 12-14 week period starting May 2024.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this position is January 8, 2024.
Job FunctionNon-CMU Students
Position TypeIntern (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part timeFull time
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance