Are you interested in a career where you can enjoy your work and be part of a rapidly growing company in a new and emerging market? We are a high growth company seeking motivated individuals to join our central Pennsylvania based team. These positions report to and work directly with the owner on a daily basis - this is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new opportunity and impact change!
Smash My Trash is operating in over 39 states and provides mobile compaction services, while revolutionizing the waste industry. The Smash My Trash proprietary technology and mobile compaction service reduces waste volume by as much as 70% and saves business owners’ money and time. Smash My Trash is also serious about environmental stewardship. Our service significantly reduces vehicle CO2 emissions by decreasing the volume of hauling trucks on the road and reduces landfill space required by increasing the density of every haul.
The more we smash, the more we help our clients save money and reduce impact on (improve) the environment - it is a win-win!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DRIVER / SMASH TRUCK OPERATOR
The Driver / Equipment Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently operating the Mobile Smash Machines or "trucks" which are outfitted with state-of-the-art machinery to compact the contents of any open top roll-off dumpsters. On the job training includes attending an immersive training program to educate on the truck and machinery operations, and preventive maintenance. The driver services customers daily, and works with the sales lead who coordinates "smash demonstrations" and truck routes with the goal of reaching sales and efficiency targets.
For many clients, the driver AND our trucks represent the Smash My Trash brand, so the driver must always ensure a professional appearance and the truck is clean, safe to operate, and ready to go. The driver will work with a contract diesel mechanic and hydraulics technician to ensure the truck and smash machine is always in great shape. This position must love working with the 26,000-pound Kenworth T270 truck, but also enjoy working with people. The driver must exude a friendly and easy to work with persona to clients. This position also requires high energy, a driven personality and a passion to smash all day long! Safety is critical.
The territory covers Dauphin, Lebanon and Northwest Lancaster Counties, so you will be home every night.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carefully and thoroughly inspect your truck before and after each trip, documenting check list results through the use of smartphones and state of the art apps.
- Properly tracking routes and activity logs via the use of your smartphone and apps such as Fleetio; we embrace technology as a means to operate as safely and as efficiently as possible.
- Coordinating periodic preventative maintenance checks with our contract diesel mechanic and/or hydraulic technicians. You'll also be reaching out to them on an on-call / as needed basis.
- Contribute to maintenance and cleaning of truck and machine.
- Safely driving a 25,000+ pound Kenworth T270 Truck to customer sites, backing it up against open top dumpsters and skillfully operating a 3-ton rolling drum on a hydraulic boom; smashing all its contents!
- Teaming with the Sales Rep lead who will be coordinating sales demonstrations and area events to help field any technical questions about our mobile smashing service and the Smash Truck.
- Attending training events to ensure you're up to date on new truck features, operating procedures and best practices.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Someone with a strong work ethic and can stick to a route schedule in a timely and safe way.
- Is a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and client service.
- Ability to interact with customers and exude a friendly, “can-do” attitude
- A team player who works well with others and can collaborate.
- Ability to handle a physical workload.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical exam, a background check, and a drug screening.
- Customer service skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, interest in growing your career and responsibilities.
- Has a good sense of humor and gets a kick every time our SMASHER crushes our clients’ trash!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years experience safely driving and operating trucks of similar size.
- Current driver's license with a clean driving record. CDL preferred but not required.
- Experience maintaining a Kenworth truck and hydraulic equipment would be a huge plus!
- High School Diploma or GED