At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Process Improvement Consultant Sr. within PNC's Security Governance organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.
The person in this position is going to be focusing on process improvement across the security at the bank.
Prior experience with Lean Six Sigma, operational excellence, etc. is required.
- Consults with the Line of Business to evaluate and execute on an organization's complex operations or technology processes through the development of end-to-end solutions that optimize process efficiency, reduce processing time, and mitigate risks.
- Conducts complex business diagnostics to identify, quantify and prioritize value creation project. Cultivates and presents business case, implementation deliverables, cost-estimates, and cost-benefit analysis to influence senior leadership on process improvement opportunities that will assist in accomplishing business objectives in a more efficient manner.
- Uses comprehensive view of organizational processes to facilitates the redesign of complex, cross-functional projects. Understands and develops an end-to-end solution that encompasses all aspects that a process may touch including facets of operations and business systems.
- Leads efforts to improve the quality and/or minimize process cost. Utilizes data analysis and process modeling to craft appropriate solutions that meet business requirements. Executes on findings by preparing and presenting optimization efforts to governance committees for approval. Assess risks associated with current and proposed processes against business objectives and ensures alignments with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Consults business partners to ensure that introduction of new process is smooth and effective, and sustains or improves quality of output. Mentors individuals and teams to build capabilities. Leverages strong relationships with the Line of Business to ensure continuous improvement after initial implementation.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAnalytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Organizational Change Mgt – Ability to manage the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure, and overall organizational environment.Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Project Management – Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.