At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Process Improvement Director within PNC's Commercial Lending Operations (CLO) COO organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Owns the overall strategy and design of process improvement programs across the organization. Manages teams responsible for the evaluation and execution of an organization's multiple, cross-functional operations or technology processes from initial research through development of end-to-end solutions that optimize process efficiency, reduce processing time, and mitigate risks.
- Oversees strategies, processes, guidelines and support of process improvement opportunities and programs. Owns and presents business case, implementation deliverables, cost-estimates, and cost-benefit analysis to influence senior leadership in order to provide rationale to how process improvement opportunities will assist in accomplishing business objectives more efficiently.
- Champions, promotes and continuously evaluates process improvement initiatives and programs. Uses comprehensive view of organizational processes to lead teams through the redesign of complex, cross-functional processes. Understands and develops an end-to-end solution that encompasses all aspects that a process may touch including facets of operations and business systems.
- Owns the process redesign effort to improve the quality and/or minimize process waste cost. Utilizes data analysis and process modeling to craft appropriate solutions that meet business requirements. Executes on findings by presenting optimization efforts to governance committees for approval. Assess risks associated with current and proposed processes against business objectives and ensures alignments with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Directs staffing, development and performance management programs for staff and manages, motivates and develops management team. Monitors effectiveness of process improvement strategies and programs and ensures team maintains continuous process improvement activities as necessary.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
CompetenciesEffective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.Organizational Change Management – Knowledge of and ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.