At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Architect Sr. within PNC's Technology Asset Management organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, and Philadelphia PA. This position will focus on PNC’s Big Data transformation within Asset Management Group. Successful candidates will have proven experience in Data Architecture, analytics, and large data technology to include Hadoop or similar tools. Candidates will be responsible for driving change with business partners and setting expectations. Azure and, amazon red shift
- Leads in developing, supporting and implementing data solutions for multiple applications in order to meet business objectives and user requirements. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Leads data requirement analysis and the data preparation process development for targeted data solutions.
- Leads in designing and building data service infrastructure on multiple data platforms, according the workflow.
- Oversees the development and implementation of data solutions for multiple applications to ensure its scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Consults on data migration and transformation to ensure the accuracy and security of data solutions.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Big Data Management and Analytics – Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.Business Intelligence – Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Data Analysis - Software – Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of data; the ability to identify, collect and analyze data to facilitate the development, implementation and application of software systems.Data Architecture – Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.Database Structures – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Software Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.