The Cognitive Axon Lab, in the Department of Psychology and Carnegie Mellon Neuroscience Institute, is seeking applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Carnegie Mellon University. This Collaborative Research in Computational Neuroscience (CRCNS) funded position will focus on decision making, linking computational models and mathematical analysis to human and rodent data.
The successful candidate will be jointly supervised by Professors Timothy Verstynen (CMU, Psychology) and Jonathan Rubin (University of Pittsburgh, Mathematics). The project specifically focuses on how dynamics of cortico-basal ganglia-thalamic pathways map to cognitive models of adaptive decision-making, and how these circuits regulate information flow in the mammalian brain. This position will be renewed on an annual basis with multiple years of funding secured.
- PhD in areas covering computational neuroscience (e.g., neuroscience, mathematics, cognitive science, computer science), or a related discipline
- Preferred experience in computing, in dynamical systems, and in computational neuroscience
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Psychology Department. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
Application reviews will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Job FunctionPre/Post-Doctoral Associates & Fellows
Position TypePostdoctoral Associate / Fellow (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part timeFull time
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance