About the Position: These positions are located with the Army Contracting Command, Letterkenny Army Depot Contracting Office, Purchasing Division, Letterkenny Army Depot, Chambersburg, Pa. 17201.
- Reviews requisitions and assists in analyzing requirements to determine the procurement method to be used.
- Assist in developing of appropriate solicitation package that meets all the requirement's of status and regulations.
- Assists in the administration of contracts as well as related actions such as protests, claims or mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, wage determinations, labor matters, etc.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training as required to provide knowledge and experience necessary to independently perform all phases of contract administration.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
- United States Citizen Applying to a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Position
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
FOR THE GS-07: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade which includes processing basic orders or awards, use of simplified acquisition procedures and performing contract closeout.
FOR THE GS-09: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade which includes preparing solicitations, use of a variety of contract types, drafting award documentation, and researching contract regulations.
FOR THE GS-11: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade which includes processing various types of contracts, preparing award documentations, use of cost/price analysis, negotiations and performing pre-award and post-award functions.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Bid Evaluation (Sealed Bidding)
- Construction/Architect & Engineering (A&E)
- Contract Award
- Contract Performance Management
- Oral Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent GS-05 level for the GS-07. You must have 52 weeks of Federal Service in the next lower grade or equivalent GS-07 level for the GS-09. You must have 52 weeks of Federal Service in the next lower grade or equivalent GS-09 level for the GS-11.