Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
The Collateral Management Unit is part of Corporate Treasury within Wells Fargo Corporate Finance and is charged with analyzing enterprise collateral reporting with the intent of driving optimization efforts as well as playing a key role in governing the enterprises’ Collateral positions.
In this role, the Treasury Finance Senior Consultant position will report to the group’s head of stress testing and help support the creation and/or maintenance of various stress tests as well as being heavily involved in or leading specific elements relating to the automation of these tests (including related inputs). The successful candidate will gain significant responsibility for projects as a key member of a lean, dedicated team and will gain a thorough understanding of the risks of Well Fargo’s on and off balance sheet exposures.
Responsibilities are varied but may include:
- Assisting the head of stress testing with data analysis, stress test assumption and model development
- Perform what-if analysis and assess impact to key risk and funding metrics
- Analyze on and off balance sheet exposure changes over time
- Collaborate with senior business professionals in enhancing stress testing and related functionality
- Liaise with business partners to understand their products and associated risks
- Liaise with technology partners to source data, develop business requirements, review IT documents, etc. as relate to the automation of stress tests and other development needs/capabilities; Participate in or lead UAT cycles
- Assist with the Collateral Management sections of annual Recovery and Resolution plans
- Prepare materials for the Collateral Management Governance Sub-Committee
- Assist in production of presentations for senior management as well as regulatory bodies
- Prepare additional ad-hoc analyses / presentations and complete special projects with tight deadlines
The ideal candidate will have a background in liquidity risk at a top tier Investment Bank or Management Consulting Firm. She/he will have a demonstrated track record of attention to detail and critical thinking skills. She/he will possess excellent collaboration and organization skills, with a proven ability to develop cross-functional relationships and the capability to manage to deadlines. She/he will be able to work independently, be highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges. She/he will have strong communication and presentation skills and is adept at building presentations and managing multiple projects simultaneously, each with a tight deadline.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Capital markets experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Financial analysis or accounting experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following at a top tier Investment Bank or Management Consulting Firm: Investment Banking, Treasury Finance, Management Consultant focusing on Treasury, Investment Banking, and/or Capital Markets.
- High competency with Excel and Power Point and proficiency with Access or other database management systems
- Experience with working with large data sets (e.g. synthesizing complex data, understanding relations between different data sets, reconciling, etc.)
- Experience working on large IT implementation projects
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Quantitatively-oriented with ability to make judgments and offer informed opinions
- Strong understanding of risk, liquidity, and financial products
- Knowledge and understanding of the treasury management industry: Collateral and Collateral Optimization, stress testing, liquidity management
- Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.