Operate the hi-lift to feed the plant in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintaining properly mixed stockpiles.
- Load the asphalt plants, ensuring material is uncontaminated
- Working with hands and power tools run by gasoline, electricity, and compressed air.
- Servicing the equipment as well as assisting with preventative maintenance and scheduled/breakdown repairs on plant, equipment and vehicles.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education and requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent. Must be mechanically inclined and knowledgeable on the use and capabilities of heavy equipment and machinery. Must be safety conscious and possess good judgment and common sense. Must be willing to maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors and customers. Must have reasonable communication/mathematical skills and be able to read signs, signals and follow written and verbal instructions. Must be willing to join the union local and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Physical requirements include: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, sit for prolonged periods of time, climb, bend, stoop, and squat frequently. Must be willing to work long hours outdoors, and occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
Duties and working hours can fluctuate with production goals and customer sales
Non-exempt under FLSA.