At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The person filling this position will help lead efforts to implement vulnerability and policy compliance scanning across all public and private cloud computing implementations. This will include all phases from strategic planning to implementation to daily support of the environment as well as ensuring integration with other security tools in the cloud space. Strategic planning and implementation will require building successful relationships with multiple teams within the organization. Daily support will include vulnerability research, network host investigation, scan job scheduling and troubleshooting as well as interpretation and communication of scan results with internal partners. A key aspect of this position is ensuring that accurate scan results are produced for reporting teams in a timely manner and support is provided to ensure that any security risks are properly conveyed. In addition, this person will ensure the security of the environment with a customer-focused attitude.
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Thorough understanding of public and private cloud computing concepts and the lifecycle of a system instance in the cloud
- Sufficient knowledge of system hardening and secure configuration
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning as it pertains to the underlying OS, such as MS Windows and Linux/Unix (RedHat, SuSE, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX a plus);
- Extensive experience using the Qualys Vulnerability Module for enterprise scanning
- Experience administering an enterprise-level Qualysguard implementation using the administration GUI as well as the API for scripting and automating tasks
- Expert knowledge of technical inner workings of the environment at a deep-dive engineering level
- Good working knowledge of vulnerability signatures (QIDs) associated with operating systems and network protocols
- Expert troubleshooting skills for a variety of technologies with the ability to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Advanced customer relationship and negotiation skills.
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 3 + years of experience with network security, endpoint security, or security threat vectors
- 2+ years of cloud computing engineering experience in one or a combination of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Compute (GCC) or Azure Cloud Security
- 3+ years of systems vulnerability management experience
- 1+ year of experience working with Kubernetes computer program
- 1+ year of experience working with Docker computer program
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Hands-on development experience with Python REST API
- Expert level knowledge of vulnerability scanning using Qualysguard
- Proficient knowledge of Unix, Linux and MS Windows with system admin skills
- Proficient with architecture and securing enterprise infrastructure
- Experience planning a work effort using JIRA and Agile Methodologies
- Understanding of CI/CD Deployment pipelines (Jenkins, Concourse, Travis Ci, Circle CI)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.