WHAT IS THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION? FACILITIES MANAGEMENT & SECURITY SERVICES (FMSS) DIVISION customers are IRS employees. FMSS identifies and delivers value-added, cost efficient, shared service solutions, that facilitate the success of the IRS mission.
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ANALYST DO? As a Program Manager you will be responsible for accomplishing various programs relating to substantive, mission-oriented goals of the Internal Revenue Service. The complex programs involve systems or issues and have impact on multiple IRS locations and/or organizations. In this role you will coordinate with employees and managers in all affected areas within the Service and with individuals and organizations outside the Service. Specifically, you will use your analytical and technical skills to conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact and you will identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them.
As a Management and Program Analyst you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the program.Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define the overall goals and objectives of the program.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Prepare recommendations for resource requirements to accomplish the program; negotiate with managers of various components of the Service to obtain needed resources and support.
- Plan, coordinate and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of the program mission; as needed, direct the development and accomplishment of employee training relating to the program.
- Establish a system to review, control, and report on program status; Monitor program status and adjust work plans for program accomplishment.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of program data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; prepare agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the program.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of the program’s plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS-13 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes knowledge and accomplishment of program assignments that required a range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative sufficient to accomplish programs or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations. You must also demonstrate a knowledge of the range of laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the segment(s) of the Service's program affected by the assigned program or study; knowledge of management principles and processes to perform program management duties and to effectively coordinate and integrate program objectives and recommendations and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).