PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
The incumbent serves as Supervisor of the Reclamation Section within the Department of the Treasury, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Assistant Commissioner Payment Management (PM), Philadelphia Financial Center.
As a Supervisory Legal Administrative Specialist, you will:
- Plan, organize, and oversee the activities of the Reclamation Section, ensuring timely and accurate adjudication and that customers such as claimants, Federal Program Agencies, and law enforcement personnel receive accurate information and direction regarding check claims and check and ACH reclamations.
- Plan work for accomplishment by subordinates, sets and adjusts short term priorities, and prepares schedules based on consideration of difficulty of requirements and assignments such that the experience, training, and abilities of the staff are effectively utilized to meet organization and customer needs.
- Collaborate with the Branch Manager and Deputy Branch Manager to optimize use of resources and maximize efficiency and manpower. Evaluates requirements for additional resources and balances organization needs with overall mission requirements and resource interests.
- Perform first-level supervisory personnel management responsibilities such as overseeing leave and attendance; evaluating employee performance; recommending, reassigning, and promoting personnel; preparing position descriptions and performance requirements; identifying training needs; preparing budget estimates; and completing other anticipated personnel needs.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
- experience interpreting and applying regulations, policies and guidelines for the purpose of making recommendations, proposing actions and decisions; AND
- experience providing leadership for customer service and/or claims processing activities to guide others toward achieving operational goals.
Examples of this experience could include:
-coaching , mentoring and challenging staff; OR
-gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals and build consensus; OR
-allocating resources to ensure operational components are adequately staffed and trained and daily goals are achieved.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12level for 52 weeks.