At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
The Strategy Consultant 4 will serve as a trusted advisor and extension of the CIB industry Chief Operating Officer (COO) in establishing business and client priorities, partnering with the broader Wells Fargo organization, and running the day-to-day operations of the business. The Strategy Consultant will support in managing all internal functions and initiatives supporting the business, including Technology, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Real Estate, Business Continuity, HR, Recruiting, Marketing, and Communications. This includes efforts related to financial and management reporting, client planning, hiring, and operational oversight.
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer to implement strategic direction for business and ensure consistent communication to banking teams
- Provide business support for the Sector Leaders and Head of Portfolio Management
- Implement ongoing management disciplines – team meetings, partner calls, account planning, forward calendar, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Liaison with business leaders for client meetings & events (content and delivery)
- Drive project and process implementation (CRM, data clean-up, use of offshoring)
- Assist with regular recurring origination meetings
- Provide support of all strategic analysis, presentations, and growth initiatives
- Partner with support functions (Finance, HR, Marketing, Reporting & Analytics, etc.) on various objectives
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Wholesale Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the Corporate & Investment Banking Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, finance, or accounting
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Corporate and investment banking experience
- Industrials industry experience
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.