At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
- The Project Manager will plan, execute, and control the development of new products in the Data and Devices Business Unit. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate and motivate local and global teams, influence global stakeholders (TE internal as well as external customers and suppliers), and manage medium to large scale development projects from concept through industrialization. Projects will be assigned by Product Management and aligned to TE’s High Speed IO strategy.
What you will be doing…
As a member of the IO team, the Senior Project Manager Engineer will manage multiple engineering projects simultaneously and will champion the business unit’s LeanPD process. The individual will monitor project metrics and ensure that projects are on track to successful completion. The project manager is expected to be a self-starter, use good judgment, and escalate issues to management if necessary. This position is responsible for creating project schedules, portfolio management, execution of programs, identifying/removing resource constraints, and presenting project summaries to management.
As a Project Manager Engineer, a typical day may include:
- Manage, lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional global teams on project objectives
- Prepare project schedules, resource plans, and schedules.
- Identify risk factors and provide mitigation plans to resolve issues before impacting projects
- Champion the Data and Devices LeanPD NPI process
- Track project performance metrics such as development and manufacturing costs, tooling efficiencies and quality measures
- Oversee development of quality control plans and arrange for production of prototype samples
- Facilitate the hand-off from development to manufacturing
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor degree and/or five years or more of NPI engineering design and manufacturing experience preferred. PMP certification may be accepted in lieu of BS degree.
- Good working knowledge and experience with connector, harness or integrated systems or manufacturing processes (molding, plating, stamping, machining, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of cost models and P&Ls
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Six Sigma process and/or LEAN process methods
- Self-starter, requiring minimal oversight and capable of using good judgment in making project related decisions …
- PMP Certification
- SAP experience
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 80855
Function: Engineering & Technology
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg
Project Manager, Project Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Developer, Technology, Engineering