Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
In the effort of remediation/stabilization of Electronic Trading, we are seeking a senior developer/architect to work on our core technology team. The core technology team builds common framework on trading data modeling, high throughput and low latency messaging, caching, threading, process management, operating system integration, performance tuning, infrastructure integration, hardware and software vendor integration, automated stress testing, resiliency and secure coding, new technology R&D and proof of concepts. These common framework is leveraged in electronic trading across multiple asset classes including Equities, Foreign Exchange, and Fixed Income trading applications
Specific Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Architecture & Design
- Development of extreme high performance systems
- Unit testing, capacity and stress testing
- Infrastructure and operating system integration
- Secure Coding
- Code reviews
- Performance metrics capture and optimization
- Support and advice the trading business and IT community on core technology
- Integrate core technology solutions with business facing server and GUI trading applications
- R&D and proof of concept work on new technologies in for both server and GUI platforms
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- 10+ years of C++ experience
- 5+ years of Python experience
- 3+ years of algorithmic development experience
- 5+ years of TCP/ IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 7+ years of Low Latency systems development or implementation experience
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- Engineering and architecture experience with big data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive hands-on experience of building large scale C/C++ framework/applications
- In-depth knowledge of core computer science topics specific to data structures and algorithms design and development
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP, multicast and broadcast networking protocols
- Linux operating system turning specific to low latency and high throughput application buildout
- Experience in building low latency electronic trading core technology around areas of messaging, caching, threading, process management, operating system integration, infrastructure integration, etc.
- Rust programming language knowledge
- Big Data integration approach and implementation
- In-depth infrastructure (Server, storage and networking) knowledge
- High-Speed server-side Market Data technology needed for electronic trading
- ALGO and/or Smart Order Routing technology for electronic trading
- Extensive experience in the capital markets business and processes
NY-New York: 540 Madison Ave - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.