At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an LOB Risk Spec within PNC's Technology Risk organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh.
- Assists in the execution of the Line of Business Risk Management program, identifying opportunities for enhancement where applicable. Under supervision, enables line of business adherence with risk programs.
- Assists in the design and development of the risk management program to meet business and regulatory expectations.
- Executes the risk management program within or across the lines of business (e.g. - business self-assessment and quality reviews). Participates in the consultation to execute the program components.
- Works to develop risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit).
- Participates in risk initiatives, business as usual activities, ad hoc requests, and identifies risk exposures.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Collaborating – Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.Data Gathering and Reporting – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Operational Risk – Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.Operations - Back Office – Knowledge of and ability to implement the practices, processes, technologies, and applications associated with banking transaction processing and records management.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.Standard Operating Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.