We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Operating safely is critical to the success of CAES. Our Lansdale facility has created a new role for a Safety Technician to provide operational and administrative support to our EHS program.
If everything about safety is something you take pride in, and realize its impact on the wellbeing of employees, please consider joining us. You can expect to carry out basic inspections and tests of safety and workplace hazard monitoring equipment and systems; escalating for resolution when you discover an issue or hazard. When contractors are inhouse you'll be their primary point of contact and escort through our work areas.
You're an important member of the site's Emergency Response Team (ERT) and update our databases with relevant information. During audits you'll actively participate in the assessments.
Safety is a primary value at CAES and this role is essential in ensuring this occurs in our day-to-day operations.
- Supports all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and assists various Industrial Hygiene sampling activities.
- Completes critical weekly collection of hazardous waste and conduct inspections of collection areas. Participates in annual chemical inventory.
- Maintains database and enters new information as received
- Maintains EHS and Industrial Hygiene calibration program
- Supports and actively participates on Committees operated by EHS
- Conduct periodic inspections of the Medical Center, AED’s, fall protection equipment, first aid kits, eyewashes, safety showers, fire extinguishers, ladders, SPCC kits, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- This role encompasses the first year of work experience in EHS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- 1+ years' experience in EHS
- Pursuing coursework for a degree in Occupational, Safety and Health or other Science based program, strongly preferred
- MicroSoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Computer skills in database maintenance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.