Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo capital markets data services technology team is seeking a hands-on big data technology lead to build markets business data lake supporting capital markets sales & trading. The incumbent will also manage the team responsible to support the Big Data platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, Talend) and lead development projects in capital markets area, as well as collaborate and partner with enterprise solution architects and relationship management support staff. Candidate will provide strategic thought leadership and measurable outcomes in data strategy and insight including data ingestion, data distribution, data governance, business intelligence and business analytics.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead all data analysis and data modeling for the Capital Markets Data Lake and Traded Products Domain
- Develop stong partnerships with the business to create solutions and execute projects end to end from inception to deployment
- Drive and lead Proof of Concept projects for data acceleraton, data virtualization, analytics
- The candidate will own the creation of the capital markets data model so needs a strong understanding of the following financial products:
- Listed & OTC Derivatives – Interest Rate Swap, Credit Default Swaps, Equity derivatives, options, exotic swaps, baskets
- Futures & Options
- Equities (cash)
- Structured Products – MBS, CMBS, TRS
- Fixed Income – vanilla bonds, exotic bonds, treasuries, money market
- SFT – Repo’s, reverse repo’s, pledges, borrowings
- Develop and implement Big Data strategic roadmap for moving the platform forward in a controlled and cost effective way.
- Work with other Enterprise teams to ensure that the Big Data team is leveraging enterprise-wide assets and support capital markets data services application systems.
- Ensure infrastructure, processes and procedures meets information security and operational risk requirements.
- Partner with direct and indirect technology line leaders in long range strategic planning and ensuring integration with enterprise wide technology strategy. This includes experience and the ability to balance all the different considerations and sensitivities with partners and influence positive strategic direction.
- Establish and implement a Hadoop capital markets Data Lake, develop a strategy and gain consensus across key technical leadership through effective communication. Drive the vision to closure through the effective management of goals and objectives.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- 7+ years of technology delivery and relationship management experience with small and large business units in a large corporate environment
- 5+ years of capital markets experience
- 2+ years of Big Data experience
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 1+ year of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) programming experience
- 1+ year of data modeling experience
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, tools, and environments
- Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka
- Ability to manage data warehouse projects
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse application design and development
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse architectures, techniques and tools
- 5+ years of leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience supporting Dev Ops teams to document automation process through software configuration a plus
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NJ-North Brunswick: 100 Fidelity Plz - North Brunswick, NJ
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.