The Department of Labor and Industry is seeking qualified applicants for a rewarding career as a Labor Mediator.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The work of the Bureau of Mediation has been expanding in both the private and public sectors and today is the keystone of the Commonwealth's efforts to cultivate cooperative relationships between labor and management in plants, schools, governmental agencies, and other places of work.
- Full-time employment
- In order to be hired for this vacancy, candidates must reside in one of the following counties: Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Mercer, Venango, or Warren.
- Home Headquartered position - hours vary dependent upon work assignments and may routinely include evenings and weekends
- Must be willing to travel to the areas covered by the Pittsburgh Regional Office on a regular basis. Travel expenses will be paid.
As a Labor Mediator, you will be responsible for providing impartial professional mediation services to assist with labor negotiations and to provide proactive training and services to the parties.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding job, we want to hear from you!
Please note, this position will be responsible for providing mediation services primarily within the northwestern segment of Pennsylvania. Accordingly, candidates must live in one of the following counties: Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Mercer, Vengano, or Warren and be able and willing to travel to the areas of assigned coverage on a regular basis.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Four years of progressively
responsible experience in the field of labor-management relations and two years of experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience; OR a bachelor's degree with major course work in labor-management relations, industrial management, or personnel administration and two years experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training with two years of experience in labor contract negotiations, administration, or mediation which includes or is supplemented by one year of collective bargaining experience.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law. Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including, but not limited to, PA State Police, Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI clearance.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided