Would you like an exciting and rewarding career making a positive impact in the lives of Pennsylvania citizens? If so, join the Department of Environmental Protection's Southcentral Region's Waterways and Wetlands program as an Environmental Engineering Specialist. Don't wait - apply today for this exciting career opportunity and experience the satisfaction of working in public service and the opportunity for promotional opportunities.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
As an Environmental Engineering Specialist, this position is responsible for professional engineering work in the field of hydrology and hydraulics for implementing statewide programs on waterway management and floodplain management. Work is performed as mandated by the Dam Safety and Encroachment Act, Clean Streams Law and Flood Plain Management Act. Work is within an assigned geographical area.Qualifications:
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Successful completion of the training program for Environmental Engineering Trainee; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or in any engineering field that includes or is supplemented by 9 credits in environmental engineering; OR two years of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Engineer-in-Training certificate issued by or acceptable to the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists; OR one year of professional experience in environmental engineering, and possession of a valid Professional Engineer license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists. Graduate study in environmental engineering or in a closely related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Condition of Employment: This position requires possession of a valid driver's license.
- A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)