At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Technology Engineer Sr. within PNC's Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
PNC’s Security Operations Center is looking for a candidate who will design and implement Security Operations Center processes.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Python development, creating automated solutions, engineering and cybersecurity. As a Phantom Python Engineer, you will be expected to work with our Security Operations Center to realize the potential of Security Automation & Orchestration by developing advanced playbooks and new integrations with a wide range of security technologies and services.
•Craft reusable, testable, and efficient Python-based playbooks based on identified security integration and implementation strategies.
•Extend the Splunk platform through the development of Security Apps.
•Partner with Security Operations Center teams, threat intelligence groups and incident responders.
•Conduct testing of Phantom application upgrades as new releases are provided by the vendor.
•Train and mentor security analyst to aid in the development of their expertise and knowledge of the Phantom product.
• Hands-on experience with Phantom playbook creation and workflow automation
• Splunk certified developer
• Experience in SOAR, SIEM, SOC, Python scripting in addition to Splunk to be able to succeed in his role as a Phantom developer.
• Excellent software programming skills, experience with Python programming.
• Consulting skills with an understanding of software development standard methodologies to identify requirements and guide the Security Operations Center team to develop new apps and playbooks.
• Ambitious, motivated, and team focused.
• Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Python based certification from a learning platform such as Coursera, Udemy, edX, etc.
• Administering Phantom completion certificate
• Developing Phantom Playbooks completion certificate
- Leads in the development of the most complex new and emerging technologies and selects appropriate platforms, integrates and configures solutions. Leverages technical knowledge and industry experience to design, build and maintain technology solutions.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Consults junior staff regarding complex issues and best practices.
- Provides a systematic analysis on the most complex client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Oversees the quality of complex project deliverables while ensuring that they are in compliance with relevant standards and processes.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesApplication Delivery Process – Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.Consulting – Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Effectiveness Measurement – Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.