Are you a Physician that's motivated, compassionate and would enjoy working with Pennsylvania's most vulnerable citizens? If so, then join our team! As a Staff Physician at Selinsgrove Center, you are responsible for the medical care and treatment of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Selinsgrove Center is located in a nice rural location just outside the Borough of Selinsgrove. Only a couple minutes from town, Selinsgrove Area Schools and Susquehanna University.
Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, prescription, hearing, dental and vision plans. Come join us at the Selinsgrove Center and start your career in public service today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position will provide medical/health care in accordance with current practice standards. Physician will be responsible for the medical care and treatment of individuals assigned to their care. Provide annual physical examinations to each individual in the unit(s). Order laboratory, X-ray and other studies as needed. Make daily rounds to observe individuals during their activities, as tolerated. Has direct contact with individual's family or guardian when hospital admission is required. Meets with Team members regarding psychotropic drug usage. Completes on-call duties as tolerated. This position also completes physical examination on newly hired employees.Qualifications:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday with a 30 minute lunch period (37.5 hours/week)
- On Call Duty
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
- PA residency requirement is waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Three years of post-residency experience in the practice of medicine, including one year which involved a direct primary care caseload
- Special Requirement - All positions require possession of an active license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine or Pennsylvania State Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Special Requirement - All employees must obtain an active registration to prescribe medication from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration as a condition of hire
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- This position comes under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act.
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
- Commonwealth employment requirement:
- A conditional offer of employment will require satisfactory completion of a medical examination.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided