Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
The Cross-Border Governance Consultant will support the ICOO team in leading and contributing to Wells Fargo international initiatives, including strategic planning, optimizing international footprint, enhancing platform capabilities, regulatory transformation and governance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support strategic planning efforts for international
- Drive analysis and decision making on right-sizing international footprint
- Provide leadership and/or engage in key international strategic initiatives (e.g., International financials reengineering)
- Serve as business stakeholder in other Finance efforts (i.e. International Cost Allocations. Project Allocations, International Reporting System, E&E, etc.)
- Lead/manage other initiatives and BAU activities to drive discipline to international risk framework
- Structure, execute, and lead cross-functional initiatives across Wells Fargo’s support functions and businesses in support of Wells Fargo’s international businesses
- Proactively develop relationships with business and support group partners operating on Wells Fargo’s international platform and manage the ICOO engagement model
- Work closely with the Regional Management teams, including Regional Presidents, Country Managers, and Regional COOs on execution of key governance initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate compliance, legal, risk management, finance, tax, regulatory, technology, and operations issues within the context of governance initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate with all lines of business operating internationally in the execution of governance initiatives
- Create mechanisms for better and more consistent communication across business units internationally, as well as between US-based business heads, and regional team members
- Identify and lead improvement opportunities that impact multiple business units/support groups
- Perform assessments through fact-finding and analysis, requiring creative approaches to solving various issues
- Develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions, and develop a business case and an implementation plan
- Facilitate decision-making and issue resolution as required
- Obtain buy-in to proposed solutions and plans from stakeholders and support the implementation of these plans, as necessary
- Support of internal audits and regulatory exams for the international businesses
- Support key meetings (business management, governance, executive and regulatory stakeholder updates) through preparation of materials and meeting administration
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: management consulting, strategy consulting or financial services
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, strategic assessment or international experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of international business
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience planning and managing strategic initiatives
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business
- Ability to perform critical analysis of the industry landscape, economic environment and competitive intelligence, identifying trends, gaps and business opportunities to drive revenue growth
- International banking experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Knowledge and understanding of the Wholesale Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the Corporate & Investment Banking Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Ability to coordinate internal audits or examinations conducted by external parties
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Experience leading efforts with multiple stakeholder groups
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to manage multiple international businesses and processes
- International or wholesale banking operations exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to travel internationally
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 375 Park Ave - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.