We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Contracts Administrator to join our Integrated Defense Systems Business in Lansdale, PA. Join a dynamic team and play an integral role managing contracts of all types. This position offers a motivated individual the chance to work side by side with a multi-functional team on all contract related matters. CAES is a team-based environment providing the opportunity to work across a variety of departments and functional organizations.
- Negotiates and administers customer contracts and related auxiliary agreements.
- Represents the Company independently or as part of a team on routine, complex, customer and supply chain transactions.
- Provides substantive contracts and proposal advice, and support to Business Area leads and Supply Chain leaders, as needed.
- Fosters and maintains a sound and reliable relationship with counterparts in internal (especially Program Management, Customer Service and Finance) and external customer organizations.
- Shares subject matter knowledge to train Business Area cross-functional staff on contract issues to raise contracting awareness, as needed.
- As a member of the CAES Contracts team assist with development and implementation of functional strategy and deliverables.
- Participates in and, when requested, leads special projects or improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to contracting, as required to include supporting audits by prime customers, DCMA, DCAA to include company Compliance Audits or specific data calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years' experience in government and/or commercial contracting; or,
- Master's Degree plus 3 years' experience in government and/or commercial contracting
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- Ability to develop sound relationships in internal and external customer organizations
- Works well independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities, including handling several assignments concurrently
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and documentation databases
- Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions, FAR, DFARS, and risk mitigation strategies
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.