Clerk 2 (Seasonal Full-time) Lancaster CAO
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Lancaster County, PA
Come join our team and help Pennsylvania citizens stay warm during the winter season when you work as a Clerk 2/Clerk Typist 2 with the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
The Department of Human Services provides a competitive salary, contractual pay increases and opportunity for advancement!
Positions are filled in Department of Human Service Offices across the Commonwealth. This is full-time seasonal employment which typically lasts from September through April.
The individual selected for this position is not expected to work enough hours in the year due to the seasonal nature of the position and unless the selected candidate has previously qualified for health benefits in a position with the commonwealth within the past 91 days, the selected candidate is not eligible for health benefits.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Seasonal full-time employment
37.5 hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with 1 hour lunch
Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Lancaster County. If no eligible candidates who live within Lancaster County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
Multiple positions may be filled by this posting
As a Clerk 2 with Lancaster County Assistance Office, LIHEAP, you will perform a variety of clerical duties to support the accurate and timely issuance of public benefits. Clerk 2's regularly communicate with the public and staff verbally and in writing.
• Scans documents using a dedicated scanner and/or multiple function device (MFD) to capture and categorize electronic images. Issues client receipts when necessary. Modifies electronic image sets using a computer to ensure electronic image is transposed to an electronic document, attach to the appropriate individual, and ensure the correct personnel are notified.
• Data enters a document or application into a computer utilizing various software systems.
• Utilizes automated systems to obtain specific information as necessary.
• Files records/documents as needed and purges records/documents according to retention schedule.
• May act as Receptionist by greeting visitors and determining how they need to be served. Information must be accurately recorded and/or referred to the appropriate individual. Answer basic program questions.
• Retrieves, sorts and distributes various types of information, including mail, computer printouts, case messages and logs. File clear and distribute to appropriate receiving party. Retrieve and record telephone messages and disseminate to appropriate staff.
• Communicates with Supervisor regarding clerical procedure, issues, and suggestions for improvement of overall job performance.
• Performs additional designed duties as assigned.
PA residency requirement
– For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the
and click on Residency
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
Six months as a Clerk 1 and educational development to the level of the eighth grade;
completion of high school business curriculum;
any equivalent experience and/or training which provided the required knowledge and abilities.
Be able to perform essential job functions
Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
Score valid for this specific posting only
Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
Provide complete and accurate information or:
score may be lower than deserved
application processing may be delayed
disqualification may result
May only test
under this announcement
Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS)
: 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
Share this job