As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for extracting, correlating, transforming, and analyzing PBS business data from a variety of sources/systems to assist PBS business lines in using this data to drive revenue and solve complex project related problems.
Location of position: PBS, Mid Atlantic Region, Business Strategy Branch, Dow Building - 100 S. Independence Mall West, Philadelphia, PA.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
The major duties of the Data Analyst, GS-0301-13, include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Analyze data and/or complex management processes to enhance internal and/or external customer satisfaction in relation to its ability to capture diverse program data and customer accessibility and/or usability of PBS business information systems.
- Assess the effectiveness of designated business/program operations, processes, projects and/or systems, particularly in relation to data management, data integrity and accuracy for the full range of systems through information management recommendations.
- Perform data collection and analysis to respond to both routine and complex requests for information and reports;
- Develop narrative reports and/or fact sheets on technical, process, policy or organizational problems based on system data or ad-hoc data collection, and provide recommendations for resolution of stated issues
- Facilitates positive customer relationships and effectively anticipates customer needs. Identifies errors, data discrepancies or other problems and works with other support divisions to correct.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,089.00 per year. To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience:
Generating, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of business data systems, business databases and data warehouses. Such experience must include experience using a wide variety of database tools such as Oracle, MS Access or TOAD to query data, experience creating Extract, Transform and Load processes (ETLs) or using scripting tools such as Python, and using data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy or ArcGIS.
- Applying data analytic processes to interpret, synthesize, and communicate findings, via both ad-hoc and recurring reporting, to internal and external stakeholders in order to support the mission of, and ultimately improve the effectiveness of program and business operations, projects, systems, and processes of the organization.