At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit Services helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for a Reporting & Analytics Manager on the Visual Analytics & Internal Reporting (VAIR) team. VAIR is part of the Strategy and Operations Group (SAOG) which supports the entire audit division by providing enhancements and building processes to gain efficiencies and managing all operational aspects of WFAS. VAIR’s vision is to enable data driven decision making for WFAS. VAIR provides internal operational reporting, primarily through the use of Tableau, for our audit teams and WFAS leadership groups to leverage as they perform audit activities as well as synthesizing analytic insights which drive dynamic strategic planning. VAIR reporting includes metrics and dashboards that support audit plan, issue management, time reporting, budget reporting, and many other aspects related to the operations of WFAS. The Reporting & Analytics Manager will mentor and develop team members, work closely with internal and external partners to develop analysis, manage development projects, identify insights and key trends, and act as an internal liaison for key partners such as VAIR User Group, Plan and Issue Management Team, the Audit Execution Improvement team, and the other lines of business audit teams on a variety of projects.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Acting as a thought partner and mentor for team members to develop their knowledge in key audit areas including risk assessments, audit plans, audit execution and issue management.
- Growing our analytic rigor in strategic planning, including expanding our optimization initiatives, setting and guiding the execution of a robust Tableau learning agenda, improving our measurement tools and methodologies and introducing innovative approaches to derive insight and provide thoughtful strategic oversight of analytic efforts.
- Partnering with key stakeholders from each line of business audit team to ensure reporting development is in alignment with audience needs and feedback is incorporated into existing reporting.
- Driving improvements to the delivery and quality of VAIR reports and dashboards.
- Delivering data-driven insights and producing recommendations to support strategic direction and business prioritization.
- Conducting data analysis and partnering with Enterprise analytics teams to develop comprehensive analytical solutions.
- Performing regular and ad hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis across and within the WFAS platform and SAOG teams.
- Developing presentations for senior leadership to socialize ideas, VAIR team strategies, results and programs.
- Sharing and coaching techniques and usability of visual analytics and internal reporting solutions with WFAS team members and leadership.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of SQL development or analysis experience with Oracle, Teradata and SQL Server.
- 2+ years of Tableau development or interaction experience.
- Ability to analyze large datasets; identify patterns and trends in data sets, reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business.
- Ability to work alongside line of business audit teams, business partners, or the management team to establish business needs.
- Proven ability to manage end users’ expectations, establish credibility at all levels and build problem-solving partnerships across WFAS.
- Innovative leadership skills to support challenging the status quo and proposing new ideas in order to drive significant, measurable improvements.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.