THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER, Position Description Number D0903000 and is part of the PA Combined Support Maintenance Shop East, National Guard.As a MATERIALS HANDLER, WG-6907-06, you will perform a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment. Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area. Prepare inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas. Identify, examine, classify, accept and dispose of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies. Determine physical condition and serviceability of material and property. Check stock numbers and part numbers in supply catalogs to adequately identify property. Perform other related duties as required.
1 or more Position(s) may be hired against this Announcement.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: EXCEPTED
This is a Dual Status Excepted Service Technician position in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Category 1: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians working at the location specified in the job announcement.
Category 2: Qualified, currently employed Title 32 Federal Technicians of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
Category 3: Qualified, currently employed Federal Employees (T5) or Federal Technicians (T32) within the Pennsylvania National Guard (Army and/or Air).
Category 4: Qualified current members of the Pennsylvania National Guard. (Army and/or Air)
WARRANT OFFICER WO1-CW2
Supervisor for this position is CW2 Nunez.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to compare item identification against receiving reports and issue request forms; skill in using hand trucks, dollies, and other equipment to move stock; ability to use hammers, pliers, and other hand tools; and to follow oral and written instructions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must indicate at least 9 months experience or training in receiving, packaging, and preparation for shipment. Experience in compiling reports, overall warehouse planning, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures and techniques. Experience in setting up and rotating storage locations considering factors such as life expectancy, available space, product turnover, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES: Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the nominating supervisor based on the following competencies considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of the overall warehousing plan, documentation requirements, and accepted warehousing methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic design and construction principals for the construction of standard and non-standard shipping and storage containers.
- Ability to read or understand complex verbal or written instructions pertaining to warehousing duties, responsibilities and procedures.
- Knowledge of transportation, security, environmental laws, and regulations in daily warehouse duties.
- Knowledge of automation systems in daily operations.
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish the mission assigned.
- Knowledge of various supply classes and distinguishing characteristics of similar classes.
- Knowledge to identify materials and their condition. Incumbent must know how to route materials for technical review, storage, repair or disposal.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of material to perform required research for item identification.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
SPECIAL NOTE: Per the Labor Relations Management Agreement if there are more than 15 qualified applicants for each position, by category, a KSA board will be convened in accordance with Section 17.8 of the LMRA.
PCS STATEMENT: PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION COSTS WILL NOT BE PAID FOR THIS POSITION.