NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CS-20193291-33930. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS OPENING (NOVEMBER 6 – NOVEMBER 20, 2019), YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY AGAIN.
Maximize your individual and professional potential in a career as a Dentist with the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. We render basic dental services, in a compassionate and professional manner to our inmate population. We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package.
As a Dentist in the Department of Corrections, you will enjoy clinical autonomy and a balanced lifestyle. We operate on Monday through Friday during normal business hours. There are no evening, weekend, or on call duties. You will enjoy working with experienced auxiliary staff and will have excellent managerial support. Many of our facilities are located in or near some of the most beautiful areas of Pennsylvania. Experienced dentists and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
As a Dentist for the Department of Corrections, you will be responsible for:
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; 30 minute lunch period
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55
- This position is subject to the promotion provisions of a collective bargaining agreement or memorandum.
- Supervising the work of the dental staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for all aspects of the clinical services provided to the inmate population by DOC dental clinic staff.
- Providing basic dental care to the inmate population and performs all dental treatment.
- Assisting specialists in the performance of all treatment and related duties while onsite.
- Assuring that adequate security, tool control, and Toxic and Caustic Control are carried out within the dental office.
- Exercising therapeutic care, custody, and control of inmate dental patients.
- Maintaining Infection control standards.
- Consulting with and referring inmate patients to physicians, oral surgeons, and other health care professionals.
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – Graduation from an approved school of dentistry.
- Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a license to practice dentistry issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- You must pass a background investigation
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports at your expense. See hiring agency contact information
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided