At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Internal Audit Manager within PNC's Information Technology (IT) Application Team organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, or Charlotte, NC.
As an Internal Audit Manager within PNC’s IT Audit Application team, you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise of information technology risk and control principles while leading a wide variety of technology auditing assignments. As a member of the IT Audit Application team, this role will focus primarily on technology and operational risks present within PNC’s application environment and the risks related to usage of applications within the company’s core business processes. The Internal Audit Manager – IT Audit Application Team is responsible for leading teams of individuals within the audit execution process, evaluating risks to the company, and working within the audit team to identify process improvements and operational efficiencies within the internal control system. In this role, you will use your expertise of technology risks, internal controls, and control testing methodologies to support completion of the annual internal audit plan by conducting standalone applications audits, business-oriented integrated audit reviews, and the evaluation of technology risks and controls related to End User Computing solutions.
- Supervises internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations, and compliance with governmental regulation.
- Works closely with internal clients at all levels in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, internal control and compliance. Reviews work papers. Performs complex testing procedures .
- Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessments and audit plans .
- Executes procedures and reviews work papers supporting external audit of internal controls, business processes, and account balances .
- Keeps abreast of internal control audit trends to assure audit processes remain effective .
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAudit And Compliance Function – Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.Auditing – Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Data Gathering and Reporting – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Planning and Organizing – Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.Process Management – Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.