At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Finance Spec Sr within PNC's Corporate Banking organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Provides and may lead a variety of financial management and accounting services.
- Prepares internal financial and business metric reports and provides information to support quarterly and annual external reports.
- Works closely with product partners (Treasury Management, Capital Markets) to understand results, develop budget, and update forecasts.
- Monitor loan activity and pull source data from loan systems to provide insight on drivers of balance and interest income fluctuations in financial results and factor these results into forecast updates.
- Leads or contributes to annual budget process and monthly forecast updates and may lead or contribute to strategic plans.
- Delivers performance monitoring and communications and ad hoc finance and accounting analysis, which may include management accounting analysis. Identifies the accounting practices of the business and collaborates with the business on implementation of new accounting standards that impact the business.
- Delivers information in response to requests and requirements of auditors, regulators, and investors. Prepares financial data and analysis to support risk management and identifies and escalates key risks to management. May also contribute to risk review and challenge for assigned business. Promptly identifies and addresses control matters; maintains sound control processes. Compiles data used for Stress Testing Projections.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Budgeting – Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Finance and Accounting – Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Institutional Finance – Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.Managing Expenses And Finances – Knowledge of and ability to use the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.