Do you want to make a positive impact on Pennsylvania's environment? The Department of Environmental Protection’s Knox District Mining Office is looking for a Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Geologist. This is a professional position providing scientific duties as a hydrogeologic expert. Apply today for this career opportunity and experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
This position performs professional geologic and hydrogeologic work within the Knox District Mining Office to ensure that permit reviews, technical investigations, and other projects meet required technical and regulatory requirements. The incumbent employs the principles of hydrogeology with emphasis on the knowledge and understanding of the movement of ground and surface water to evaluate potential impacts on and to protect surface and groundwater resources.Qualifications:
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch period
- Must meet PA residency requirement - For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Must meet the Necessary Special Requirements
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a license as a professional geologist issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
- Only most recent exam score is counted