Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO) Senior Officer role is responsible for the independent oversight of front line operational risk management effectiveness for the Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) line of business. This role is expected to engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions.
This role will develop specific subject matter expertise for the Wells Fargo Asset Management business and is considered a thought leader and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to Operational Risk coverage and oversight. In this capacity, this role:
- Oversees and challenges the WFAM first line risk and business functions across all operational risk routines including – plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, and monitor and report
- Oversees and challenges significant front line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to, business continuity, payments, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs
- Develops detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks
- Reviews and challenges business risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Assists leadership with strategy development, be a key driver in execution of the work function, and will also serve as a key contact for business partners and staff
Specific responsibilities include:
- Use subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge to the Line of Business’ operational risk management activities
- Direct engagement with the front line Control Executive teams, Business Management and Independent Risk Management (IRM) teams to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Active engagement in key WIM risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Identify and escalate to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Influence appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluate cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Active engagement with IRM risk teams supporting various risk types to ensure appropriate alignment and prioritization
- Develop and deliver oversight content summarizing the results of the independent risk assessment activities
- Maintain relationships with Business Managers, Independent Risk teams, and Control Executive teams
- Provide a business-centric view to IRM Risk Programs as needed
- Build and sustain a strong risk culture including a balanced approach through working in cooperation and consultation with all lines of defense across the enterprise.
Location preference is listed, however, may consider other locations across the Wells Fargo footprint
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong understanding of Asset Management processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function
- Experience working in and navigating a highly matrixed organization
- Proven leadership to drive alignment across stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to exert influence
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.