Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
This is a newly created position within the Chief Operations Office and will report to a member of the Strategy & Process Improvement leadership team. The Strategy Consultant will be responsible for planning and executing strategic programs or process improvement initiatives. Examples include: Enterprise expense reduction, COO Expense Reduction, Consent Order Implementation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic consulting services to client organizations, utilizing moderate to in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding Wells Fargo business strategy (multiple lines of buiness) and trends in the industry.
- Consults with senior managers and staff to create and execute business plans that support the business strategy.
- Serves as liaison between the business unit and a variety of support partners in achieving business deliverables.
- Leads or participates in (based on size of effort) the identification of strategic business, investment, and alliance opportunities; evaluation and approval process of identified opportunities; identification of technology requirements and coordination of technical resources; and communication of strategy and related business plans to management.
- Consults with key internal and/or external partners, to distill concepts into pragmatic and simplified/targeted solutions.
- Participates in internal and Industry strategic planning activities.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess demonstrated capabilities; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability.
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience
- Ability to assess current processes/procedures and make recommendations for efficiency
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.