At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Deposit Products Group (DPG) has an exciting opportunity for two experienced and motivated risk management professionals to support strategy development and implementation related to new accounts onboarding and overdraft collections and recovery. The successful candidates will function as a senior analytical resources to the team, participate in data management initiatives, statistical model and strategy development, implementation, testing, and a wide variety of other risk management initiatives to optimize risk mitigation, revenue trade off, and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform complex analyses, simulation, and optimization using statistical techniques to support business strategies and credit decisions.
- Partner with internal and external business counterparts to develop and support analytical projects & process enhancements to establish sound credit policy and practices.
- Assess and enhance the existing model monitoring process and reporting in accordance with regulatory rules and Corporate Model Risk (CMoR) policies.
- Provide data research, statistical expertise, and documentation needed during the model life cycle stages.
- Review/analyze trends, research new methodology/data sources, and recommend strategy changes or process enhancements when needed.
- Audit and provide quality assurance testing for implementing adaptive control strategies.
**Preference for roles to be located in one of the posted locations; however, consideration will be given to candidates across the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 6+ years of risk experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Financial services experience, especially in retail lending and/or deposit business.
- Extensive statistical modeling, optimization, and segmentation experience.
- Extensive previous experience with Xeno, Angoss.
- Experience in statistical model development and scorecard development (such as logistic regression, decision tree, etc.).
- Strong experience and excellent proficiency in programming and data manipulation using SAS, SQL, and Excel.
- Experience with operating systems such as Unix and Mainframe.
- Detail oriented with excellent business sense beyond just understanding data.
- Strong creative thinking/problem solving skills and proven track record of complicated business analysis.
- Proven experience with credit life cycle risk management.
- BA/BS and/or graduate degree in Statistics, Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business, or related fields.
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NJ-North Brunswick: 100 Fidelity Plz - North Brunswick, NJ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.