Supervises a group of Driver License Examiners and staff at a Driver License Center to include preparing work schedules, performance appraisals, leave approvals, grievance reviews, and recommendations. Responsibilities include supervising the administration of Non Commercial and Commercial Driver License (CDL) knowledge testing and skills testing examinations including, pre-trip, and driving test. Supervises the examination of all types motor vehicles for inspection stickers, lights, windshield wipers, and other mechanical features IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Directs Employees throughout their Driver License Center.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours - Tuesday -Saturday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm with a 30 minute lunch period (40 hours per week)
- Travel and overtime required
Responsible for human resource management including hiring, placement, training, recognition and discipline for Civil Service and union-covered workforce.
Responsible for ensuring that knowledge and skills tests are administered fairly and uniformly throughout their Driver License Center
Responsible for monitoring overall efficiency and effectiveness of field employees through personal observations, analysis of employee productivity, employee quality ratings, test results by employee, customer satisfaction ratings, etc.
Facilitates and proactively supports Safety Administration's Customer Service Policy of providing 100% courteous and professional customer service to all customers in their Driver License Center without exception
Ensures the DLE's and DLEA's has the necessary oversight and audit controls in place to deter identity fraud and identity theft.
Manages and resolves conflicts, including crisis management, among customers, partners and staff to provide understanding/agreement of driver exam staff priorities, tasks requirements, and assignments.
Ensures performance standards and objectives for their Driver License Center staff are adhere to and met.
Ensure compliance, in their Driver License Canters, with Safety Administration's customer service policy.
Supervises the administration of telebinocular, color perception, and other tests of vision. Supervises the conduct of driving tests for applicants on a specially constructed test site or on a selected portion of roadway. Supervises the conduct of oral, visual, and written examinations on Vehicle Code and traffic sign interpretations.
Analyzes statistics, maintains records, and prepares comprehensive reports. Maintains materials and equipment inventory.
Audits Third Party CDL Examiners for contract compliance through skills test evaluation by either having the Third Party Examiner administer a CDL skills test to the Department Examiner in a representative vehicle or score along with the Third Party Examiner while administering a CDL skills test to an applicant.
AAudits Third Party CDL test sites for contract compliance by checking files and certificates and completing an audit report.
Ensures employees start work at beginning of their shift and they are ready to serve customers at their sites designated opening time.
Responsible for overseeing daily employee's assignments to ensure optimal efficiency.
Takes appropriate disciplinary actions for subordinates for any violation of the departments work rules, policies, procedures or other forms of unsatisfactory performance.
Monitors on an ongoing basis employees sick leave usage and follows established guidelines to identify patterns of leave abuse. On an ongoing basis takes appropriate disciplinary actions when warranted.
Schedules and monitors employees breaks and lunch to minimize and disruption in Customer Service.
On an ongoing basis identifies training needs of staff and provides on-site training when possible. Ensures that any training needs that can not be met are communicated in writing to your District Manager. Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year of experience as a Driver License Examiner; OR three years of experience obtaining, evaluating and providing information to the public including one year of experience conducting driver tests or driver training.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class C Driver's License and twenty-one years of age at the time of application.
- Condition of Employment - No suspensions or revocations of a driver's license during the five year period immediately preceding appointment.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- This position requires the selected candidate to undergo and pass a Fingerprint and Name-Based Criminal History Check prior to employment. For further information, please visit PennDOT's website at www.penndot.gov, click on the "PennDOT Jobs" link, and then click on the "Background Check Requirements" PDF file on the right side of the page.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided