NOTE: THIS IS A REPOSTING OF CSSC-20193421-01542. IF YOU APPLIED UNDER THE PREVIOUS OPENING (NOVEMBER 20 – DECEMBER 4, 2019), YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY AGAIN.
The PA Liquor Control Board (PLCB) is looking for a technical specialist for our Point-of-Service (POS) system. If you have at least 13-24 months Java Script and Linux skill set experience, we would like to talk to you. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
The general area of responsibility of the position is to work as a technical specialist for the Point-of-Service (POS) system. The duties include support, maintenance, and enhancements to the POS system. The position also supports integration of the PLCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board) ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system with the POS system. This position shares a division of statewide responsibility for the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board's Point of Service (POS) System, which includes both hardware and software for each of over 600 Fine Wine and Good Spirits stores, 10 training academies, several testing sites and management systems.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday; 1 hour lunch
Responds as advanced support to escalated problems from Service Now tickets and incoming calls. Identifies problems with, troubleshoots, and repairs POS system hardware and the related equipment. Serves as a subject matter expert, system administrator and technical lead for the inventory scanner system.
Serves as a system administrator and provides technical support for the POS related systems, which includes Oracle Back Office Application, Oracle Central Office Application, Oracle Retail POS, Suse Linux, and Avalanche. Uses technical skills to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with systems. These systems are subject to change periodically as business requirements are added or modified.
Designs, writes and modifies scripts in BASH (Bourne Again Shell) or other scripting languages for numerous functions across the system. Maintain approximately 600 POS systems in multiple environments and locations. Environments are Production, Training, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Integration, and Development.Qualifications:
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as an Information Technology Generalist 1, Applications Developer 1, or Network Specialist 1; or two years of information technology experience that includes one year of technical information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, network operation or network maintenance, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services, and an associate's degree in any information technology field; or four years of information technology experience that includes one year of technical information technology experience in applications development or applications maintenance, network operation or network maintenance, web site development or web site design, or other information technology support/administration services; or a bachelor's degree in any information technology field; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided