At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Operational Risk Business Oversight Consultant – Corporate & Investment Banking (ORC5) is responsible for the independent oversight of front-line operational risk management effectiveness of Wholesale’s Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) business. This ORC5 will engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions. Operational risk is the risk resulting from inadequate or failed internal controls and processes, people and systems, or resulting from external events, and is inherent in all Wells Fargo products and services as it often arises in the presence of other risk types.
This ORC5 will develop specific subject matter expertise around the CIB business, is considered a thought leader, and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to operational risk coverage and oversight. This ORC5 will also develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and challenging significant front-line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to:
- Business continuity
- External fraud
- Information risk management
- Safety and physical security
- Transaction processing and execution
- Third-party risk management
- Various risk assessment policies and programs
- Directing engagement with the control executive teams, business management and independent risk teams to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Actively engage in key CIB risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Overseeing and challenging the CIB front-line across all operational risk routines including – planning, identifying and assessing, controlling and mitigating, testing and validating, monitoring and reporting
- Supporting the Business Oversight Leader with the performance of an independent risk assessment of the CIB front-line, inclusive of emerging risks
- Understanding, reviewing and challenging the CIB front-line risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Identifying and escalating to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Influencing appropriate risk management prioritization by the front-line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluating cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Actively engage with independent risk management (IRM) risk teams supporting various risk types to ensure appropriate alignment and prioritization
- Maintaining relationships with business managers, independent risk teams, and group control executive teams
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong understanding of one or more CIB businesses (Corporate Banking, Capital Markets Sales & Trading including Equities; Cash Derivatives, Prime Services & Securities Lending and Fixed Income; Macro and Spread Products
- 10+ years Capital Markets Products risk & control function experience
- Knowledge of operations, processes, products and customer interactions where risk is created (e.g. eTrading)
- Meaningful knowledge of an enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Ability to deliver repeatable end-to-end risk management solutions
- Strong understanding of corporate and/or business policies and programs
- Ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.