At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Equity Research Associate – Life Science and Diagnostic Tools
In this position you will partner with a Senior Analyst and Research Associate covering the Life Science and Diagnostic Tools Sectors. Specific responsibilities include creating, updating, and maintaining financial models, writing company and industry reports, conducting fundamental research and communicating with clients, internal sales people and senior management. Exposure to institutional investors and covered company/industry corporate executives is an integral part of the position.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite, and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of capital markets industry experience, financial services industry research experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including high level of proficiency in modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: in the capital markets industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Investment tools such as Bloomberg or Factset application
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3 years of equity research experience and/or direct exposure to Software sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, modeling, proprietary research and due diligence.
- FINRA Registration for FINRA Series 86 & 87 must be completed within 90 days of hire date.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
NY-New York: 375 Park Ave - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.