At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a member of the Finance Governance & Oversight Team, you will be part of the Corporate Controller’s Office within PNC’s Finance organization. You can be based in Pittsburgh PA, Philadelphia PA, Cleveland OH, Gaithersburg MD, Atlanta GA or Tampa FL.
This role unites 1st Line of Defense and/or 2nd Line of Defense risk mitigation with financial and regulatory reporting to ensure execution in a complete, accurate, and timely manner. While in this role it is important that the individual possesses strong risk management and communication skills to be able to challenge the effectiveness of processes and control frameworks over the aforementioned critical financial and regulatory reporting. The role will offer a mix of project work, support monthly and quarterly risk processes and reporting, and address special requests put forth by business partners and executive leadership across the bank and from external parties such as auditors and regulators.
Primary responsibilities and activities may include:
• Perform 1st LOD review, challenge, and governance to determine risks associated with the Finance organization and work to ensure the proper controls are in place to mitigate said risks. This includes facilitating the coordination of attestations, compliance with policy requirements and changes, and ensuring information is complete and accurate. As policies and expectations change, ensure the control environment is sound. This includes adding expected controls and managing the decommission process as necessary.
• Perform 2nd LOD review, challenge, and governance (ex: control framework challenge, administering certifications) function for FGO supported control frameworks. This includes FGO Team consultation as needed for risks, issues, controls, certifications, and testing. Ensure that 2nd LOD tasks/responsibilities are executed in a well-documented and auditable manner.
• Effectively and timely communicate issues as they are identified to management and appropriate governing Committees as applicable. Ensure identified issues are being appropriately tracked/reported within eGRC Archer (enterprise system of record for issues) and addressed by Management with an effective and timely remediation plan.
• Foster collaboration and coordination, including open and clear communication across the FGO team and business partners. Be proactive, accountable, and dynamic in reacting and managing through inevitable changes and challenges that are encountered that impact the FGO control environment. Support broader Control and Finance initiatives as appropriate.
- Provides accounting, reporting and analytical expertise in support of a business function or business unit.
- Provides specialized accounting, financial reporting, accounting research and control oversight for the company.
- Creates accounting memoranda and various specialized reports for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities related to foreign exchange, cash management and tax, and subsidiary regulatory reporting, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Supports and assists accounting staff in the development of their professional skills.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesAccounting – Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Financial Analysis – Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.Financial And Accounting Systems – Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications specific to the organization.Financial Reporting – Knowledge of processes, methods, and tools of financial reporting; ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough financial reports.Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) – Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization.Internal Controls – Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and ability to implement business processes required to ensure compliance with its tenets.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.