Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management on construction project site. Typical project size is up to $10 million.
- Supervise and direct total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Pre-plan, plan, coordinate, and supervise on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control).
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract. Must be thoroughly familiar with the scope and responsibility of each subcontractor and supplier.
- May authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, i,e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations; notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Communicate performance efficiency to estimating to identify bid unit problems and/or to ascertain work method contemplated in the bid.
- Continually monitor the schedule, cost report, and profitability of the work and initiate corrective action immediately when problems arise, Must ensure that cost report and quantities are current at all times.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Understands Scheduling and scheduling process.
- Monitors Project Quality Control and Quality Assurance in the field.
- Understands the "BIM" process and field coordination of MEP systems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Minimum of Ten (10) years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in commercial, higher education, healthcare and or industrial projects. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction required (technology, equipment, methods, craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control, schedules, and safety). Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills essential.
This position is normally one of independent project supervision on small to medium size projects from $5M to $40M. May entail one major segment of a large, extensive project. Position has profit/loss responsibility for self-performed work and for work under Project Superintendent's direction. Responsible for seeking out and obtaining education and training necessary to maintain proficiency level for this position.
Exempt or Non-Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Covered Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities