This is professional medical work in the care and treatment of individuals at Ebensburg Center. This position acts as Unit Physician encompassing cases with physical handicaps as well as individuals with intellectual disabilities.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS, AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
Personally administers all types of medical treatment. Conducts annual physicals, makes decisions and referrals based on the examination results, admits new individuals and prepares case histories. Performs pre-employment physicals.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday with a 30 minute lunch period
- Based upon the nature of the duties in the position description, the individual selected for this position may be required to annually disclose specific personal and business financial information in accordance with Management Directive 205.10 regarding Financial Disclosures Required by the Public Official and Employee Ethics Act.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Program - Auxiliary Aids and Services available upon request.
Provides dispensary services, makes living area rounds and examines individuals for diagnostic and treatment purposes using the facilities of the clinical laboratory and x-ray department as required. Is responsible for the diagnosis of disease of individuals and determines, prescribes, and administers necessary treatment and care of intellectual disabled individuals on designated units. Refers individuals for consultation as required and interprets the results of diagnostic tests.
Reviews the charts of individuals, rewrites medications and progress notes as often as required. Completes summary of history and physical findings for Medical Assistance Forms.
Participates in staff conferences with allied hospital personnel regarding the overall medical program of the Center in the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of individuals. Attends various seminars in order to be knowledgeable of recent methods, techniques, diagnoses, and therapy.
Required to be available for on-call duty after working hours as well as holidays and weekends.
General program directives from the Supervisory Physician.
Responsible for submission of written reports.
Yearly performance evaluations, periodic visits to the units and chart checks; Clinical Service staff meetings and physician group meetings at which time medical problems are discussed. Encouraged to attend continuing medical education seminars.
Functions as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team by:
Attending ISP and unit team meetings as required, participating on committees as required, and is responsible for 90-day review of medications and medical problems listed on problem list and documentation by a progress note on progress sheet (all treatments, change of treatments or observations are to be documented on progress sheet).Qualifications:
- PA residency requirement waived for this position
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Three years of post-residency experience in the practice of medicine, including one year which involved a direct primary care caseload
- Special Requirement - All positions require possession of an active license to practice medicine in Pennsylvania issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine or Pennsylvania State Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Special Requirement - All employees must obtain an active registration to prescribe medication from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration as a condition of hire
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- A conditional offer of employment will require a medical examination
- This position falls under the provisions of the Older Adult Protective Services Act. under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports, including, but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI clearance.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans' preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)